Topic: The Great Turnaround
Text: Mark 10:46-52
Preacher: Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Bartimaeus came from a good home, an important home but he somehow was born blind.
Problems are not limited to poor homes.
Sickness is no respecter of persons.
Lessons from Bartimaeus:
- Your turn around begins when you decide and say “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH”. Matthew 18:18. Whatever you allow on earth is allowed in Heaven! Whatever you refuse on earth is refused in Heaven!
- Your turnaround will come and when you call on God for Help. Jeremiah 33:3, Psalm 50:14-15. You will call on God to send destiny helpers.
When Bartimaeus cried out, Jesus sent to people to bring Him. The same people that had earlier told him to keep quiet.
- He did something significant, He threw away His garment, He took a step of faith.
Something must have told him, you do not need this anymore! FOUR times he said, THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH.
Habakuk 2:4, Romans 1:17, Galatians 3:11, Hebrews 10:38. You have to believe the word of God.
When a word comes, grab it like your own and apply it by faith.
- When he got to Jesus, Jesus asked him what he wanted. His reply: ‘Tell Darkness to leave me alone.’ God has issued a decree to every force of darkness; Let my people go! Exodus 8:1.
- After making the request, Jesus said: LET THERE BE LIGHT and darkness disappeared from the life of Bartimaeus.
Genesis 1:1-3. God asked for light, there was tremendous transformation. When God speaks, it is done. Psalm 33:8-9.
- Father, anyone or any force that will not allow me reach my goal, by any method You want to use, remove them.
- Father, Send Helpers to me! Those who will help me destiny, send them!
- Father, I believe you for my turnaround.
If my faith is not enough, help my unbelief.
- Father, command forces of darkness to leave me alone and stay away from me!
- Take 5 minutes to ask God for something that is very serious.