11 WRONG THINGS SINGLES DO IN RELATIONSHIPS:
- Making an oath or blood covenant as a promise to marry each other. That’s cultism or ritual. Relationship doesn’t need initiation. Run!
- Asking or pressuring for sex before marriage, asking for your nude pictures, phone sex, smooches, etc. Your body is the temple of God, “give not that which is holy unto dogs”, Matthew 7: 6.
- Making your partner next-of-kin to all your documents and assets while you both are still single. This is risky!!! What if the marriage does not hold; then your assets or vital documents might be at great risk if he or she becomes fraudulent or elope with your documents. That’s why it’s only after marriage that you both can be next-of-kin to each other.
- Living or cohabiting with your partners. If you both are serious, love and really want to marry; you both should patiently do the needful. Ensure you have at least a reliable source of income.
- Getting pregnant to put your partner in the family way by force. Pregnancy is not enough reason for marriage. Marriage should be by God’s will and love.
- Men, not paying that lady’s bride price you put in the family way is bad, ungodly and against our culture. I know a couple of singles that were put in the family way and till today their bride prices have not been paid. That’s a potential kidnap or modern day slavery. Please go and pay her bride price so you can receive God’s and her parents blessings.
- Some guys may always ask or force a lady to withdraw all her money or salary into his account; and that if she needs money he’ll be giving her from his account. Sister, you don’t have control over your money again! Ask him, is he the Central Bank of your life? You’re still single and you should be in control of your money. While single, the best you can do is help or support each other financially if need be. There was a time a guy killed his partner because she refused to buy something for her.
- Forcing you to marry him or her because he’s or she’s sponsoring your education, business, or spending lavishly on you, etc. Marriage is not by force but by God and love. Once you notice that, I’ll advice you call him or her and let them know you’re not interested in marriage for sponsoring you so he or she can take right decision early less he or she lose his money further.
- Threatening you with death or to attack you if you don’t marry, have sex or be in a relationship with him. Report to your parents, counselor or police.
- He’s abusing you physically like a pouch bag and still asking you to stay. Sister run for your life less they carry your corpse.
- You both are in a relationships but in his or her mind you’re a contract lover, so he or she alone can get visa to relocate abroad or get somethings (status, position, contract, etc) to his or her advantage. Without having plans for you, what becomes of you. He might promise to come back to Nigeria to pick you later, this worked for some while some it didn’t work. Some got there and that’s the end you heard of them, while some came back. Lots of relationships/marriages in which this didn’t work out have broken. A lot of singles though claim they do this for love, anyway just be wise. Am not saying you shouldn’t help someone travel out but don’t be greedy or fraudulent around it. The plan should be for you both if you genuinely love him or her.
My dear singles, I’ll conclude with this: “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil”. Proverbs 3: 3-7. A word is enough for the wise.