HOW TO KNOW IF YOU ARE PROUD
- If you cannot submit yourself to higher authority.
- If you find it difficult to accept corrections.
- If you are too big to say “sorry”.
- If you think that your success or achievements are based on your efforts.
- If you don’t have respect for people.
- If you are always feeling superior to others.
- If you always want to control or dominate others.
- If you think that you are better than other people.
- If you cannot work under those with lesser qualifications.
- If you always want people to respect and honour you.
- If you want people to notice you anywhere you go.
- If you are a graduate and you feel too big to do any small job till you get a big one.
- If you cannot marry those with lesser qualifications
- If you are always angry at those who correct you.
- If you avoid those who criticize you.
- If you feel too big to learn.
- If you feel ashamed to ask questions about what you don’t know.
- If you are always bragging about your achievements/connections.
- If you don’t consider it necessary to say “thank you” to those who help you.
- If you desire to always be addressed by your title.
- If you think that nobody knows more than you.
- If you think that you cannot make mistakes.
- If you are fond of blaming others for your actions/inactions
- If you think that you know everything in life.
James 4:6 says “But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.”
Pride limits a man’s destiny
Pride destroys glory
Pride devalues grace and anointing
The earlier we make a change and adequate correction with genuine repentance, the better.
2 Corinthians 13:5 says “Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?”
May the Lord deliver us from the spirit of pride and arrogance in the name of Jesus.
Pray this prayer:
Holy Spirit, break me and remold me according to your will in the name of Jesus.