Folks, it’s that time of the year again for the ‘Crisis-Proof Your Family with Prayer’ exercise! We’ll be praying and fasting from the 6th to the 26th of January. We’re not just praying and fasting either, we’re also studying the Word.
Many of us pray and fast but neglect Word intake and that is critical for our spiritual growth! Videos of the prayers will be posted each day including recommended scriptures to read and meditate upon. I’ll try to ensure they are posted before 9 am (Nigerian time).
Pray the points during your own scheduled prayer time, in addition to other prayer points you should have.
Here are some tips:
- Have a scheduled prayer time. Decide this before you begin if you currently don’t have a prayer time. Ensure you have a time to focus specifically on the points. How long it is, depends on your schedule.
- Decide what your fast entails (before your begin). Know your level so your fast can be productive. For example, if you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, unwell (on medication, etc), you can modify what you eat, fast for a shorter period, drink, etc.
- Take notes. Prayer is not just talking to God but listening to Him. Document the #light you receive.
- Limit your time on social media, watching tv, hanging out, whatever you do! It can be EXTREMELY distracting! If you must come online, etc discipline yourself to do so between certain hours (e.g. 12-1 pm). You cannot receive #light if you’re not focused!
- Be determined to get revelation about everything – issues that need sorting out, new direction, new ideas, richer spiritual life, etc.
- Engage as an individual, a couple, a family or with friends who encourage your faith and help your spiritual growth.
May the Lord give us grace and strength to do this with excitement and expectation! Here’s to mind-blowing & ear-tingling testimonies in Jesus name, amen! I wish you God’s best! Cheers…#kemioyedepo