Biography of Pastor Foluke Adeboye
Pastor Foluke Adeboye is the wife of the General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye.
Fondly called Mummy G.O or Mother-in-Israel, she is also known as Pastor Adeboye’s backbone.
Here are some facts about Foluke Adeboye as she turns a year older.
1. She was born Foluke Adenike Adeyokunnu on Tuesday 13 July 1948 to the family of Jacob and Morounfola Adelusi Adeyokunnu.
2. Her father, Jacob was a Prince of the Royal Family of Owa Obokun Oji in Ijeshaland, Osun State.
3. She is the eldest of ten children.
4. Foluke attended Methodist Girls Primary and Secondary school Ilesha before she proceeded to the United Missionary College (UMC) Ibadan where she obtained her Grade II Teacher’s Certificate in 1966 at age 18.
5. She also has a Diploma Certificate in Science and Mathematics from the University of Lagos (Associate Diploma in Education); another Diploma in Religious Studies and a Certificate in Directorate of Schools Studies from the University of Saint John and Mark, Plymouth, United Kingdom.
6. She and her husband, Enoch Adeboye had their court wedding on 8 September 1967 and church wedding on 16 December 1967.
7. She’s a proud mother of four children (three sons and a daughter) and many grandchildren.
8. Foluke was a Methodist for many years before she was officially ordained a Pastor in 1996.
9. She started Christ the Redeemer’s Schools Movement because of her passion for planting Christian schools,
10. She is the author of a few books: Kingdom Love, Heaven in your home, The Mother-in Christ, The Seven Secrets of Great Achievers; This also shall pass, Can I cry out, and The Pastors’ Wives Manual, etc.
11. Foluke is in charge of all the women’s affairs in the ministry of the Redeemed Church worldwide. She’s the President of a welfare ministry called Certain Women. She is also the Editor-in-Chief of Courage Magazine, the official publication of RCCG women.
God bless Mummy G.O