7 Ways To Obtain Favour From God As a Christian
Favour means approval, support or an act of kindness to someone beyond what is due or usual, and according to Psalm 106:4, God has favour towards his people. Every Child of God is entitled to receive favour from God when they ask from him, and he has promised to do whatever they ask in his name (John 14:14), and they also must have his word abide in them and as well dwell in him. However, to obtain favour from God as a Christian, there are ways he has presented for you to follow in the Holy Bible, and I want you to patiently read through the entire article as I discussed them one after another.
Here are seven ways you can obtain favour from God as a Christian.
1. By mercy and truth. According to Proverbs 3:3-4, binding mercy and truth around your neck and writing them on the tablet of your heart will make you obtain favour from God and men. Psalm 5:7 reveals that those who are merciful ( shows mercy to people) will be blessed and they will also receive mercy, and likewise, Hebrews 4:16 encourage us to come to the throne of grace with boldness so that we can receive mercy and find grace ( unmerited favour) in time of need. You come before God to worship him in spirit and truth (John 4:24), and he will grant you favour when you show mercy and speak the truth always.
2. By giving gifts and offers. In Genesis 4:4 (New life Version), the Lord showed favour to Abel and his gifts (offering) when he gave his first fruits, likewise in Genesis 32:5 ( American Standard Version), Jacob send gifts to Esau in other to find favour in his sight. And in Luke 6:38, God commanded us to give and we shall also be given in good measure, and by giving your substance to honour God (Proverbs 4:9) you can obtain favour from God.
3. By Wisdom. Proverbs 8:35 reveals that anyone who finds wisdom will find life and will obtain favour from God, and in Luke 2:52, Jesus grew in wisdom and stature and was also in favour of God and man.
4. By being honest. According to Proverbs 11:11, God hates scales that are done without being honest with it, but accurate weights find favour with him. And Matthew 7:2 reveals that you will receive the same measure of what you give to others, and judge with the same judgement you give other people. So, by being honest in your dealings with God and man, you will find favour with God.
5. By being humble. 1Peter 5:5 lets us know that God gives grace to the humble, and since grace means unmerited favour, he will give you favour when you humble yourself before him.
6. By being righteous and faithful. Psalm 5:12 reveals that God bless the righteous by surrounding him with favour as a shield, and likewise in 1Corinthians 4:20, God requires his stewards to be faithful, and Noah obtain grace(unmerited favour) because he was righteous and also faithful in doing good and keeping God’s commands.
7. By prayer. According to Matthew 21:22, you should believe whatever you ask God in prayer and you will receive because he has promised to do whatever you ask from him (John 14:14). Therefore, you can ask God for a favour when you pray and receive by faith and he will grant your request.
Share this post below ??
Want To Advertise On Nobelie? Click Here Or Chat Us On Whatsapp +2349028041964 | Send a mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
You May Also Like
NOTE:- After Dropping Comment Wait A While, Your Comment Will Appear After Moderation!!